2017 National RHY Grantees Training
FYSB and NSPN are pleased to host the annual National RHY Grantees Training exclusively for FYSB-funded RHY grantees. This event provides a significant opportunity for RHY grantees to come together to share knowledge, experiences, and creativity in order to pursue the common goal of providing effective services to the country’s runaway and homeless youth. This event features keynote presentations, federal updates from FYSB, regional meetings with federal specialists, more than 40 workshop sessions, poster sessions, a networking session, site visits, and a reception. Hundreds of dedicated professionals who share this goal attend the training to:
- Hear from experts in the field
- Learn about best and promising practices from across the country
- Collaborate to explore effective ways to work with runaway and homeless youth
- Learn about local culture and youth programs by participating in a site visit
- Connect with colleagues and take advantage of sharing and collaboration opportunities
Participants of this training include federal representatives and RHY grantees that serve in several different areas of practice, including, but not limited to, community agencies, government, academia, and business. These individuals included agency board members, executives, other key decision makers, middle managers, clinicians, case managers, and direct care workers. More than 800 attendees are anticipated at the National RHY Grantees Training. This is based not only on the number of grantees served but also the history of attendance at this successful event. Attendance is reserved for individuals or groups representing RHY organizations currently receiving federal funds, FYSB and NSPN personnel, as well as federal and grant partners.
All RHY grantees are encouraged to send a minimum of one participant from each organization to this annual training.
The 2017 National RHY Grantees Training will be held in Kansas City, MO on November 14 - 16, 2017. Registration will open soon. Please check back for details.
For details of the last year’s event, view the 2016 National RHY Grantees Training program here: https://nspn.memberclicks.net/assets/docs/RHYTTAC/2016%20national%20rhy%20grantees%20conference%20program%20-%20web.pdf.
The videos of the keynote sessions may be viewed by clicking on the following links:
- Opening Session: https://youtu.be/2Ks8TxMCgQY
- General Federal Session: (audio starts at 00:01:07) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISbXfk2kWJ8
- FYSB Keynote Panel: https://youtu.be/cJyqldRPllE
- Closing Session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whjrZsq3iuI
Stipends are made available to FYSB-funded RHY grantees who attend the National RHY Grantees Training. In order to receive stipend reimbursement:
- Agencies must be a current RHY grantee.
- Attendees must attend the conference in its entirety (November 14–16, 2017).
- Attendees or agencies must complete and submit the reimbursement form by the provided deadline.
To submit a stipend request, grantees may:
- Submit request via online form
Fill out the online form below and upload all copies of receipts prior to submitting the form.
- Submit request via email
Complete the stipend request form provided in your participant bag at the event. Scan the completed form and all copies of receipts and attach to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit request via mail
Complete the stipend request form provided in your participant bag at the event. Attach copies of all receipts to the completed form and mail to: National Safe Place Network, Attn: Operations, 2722 Crittenden Drive, Louisville, KY 40209.
Approved stipend requests are processed after December 30. Under no circumstances will checks be issued to individuals. Reimbursements will only go to current grantee agencies.
Stipend Form Requirements:
- One stipend form is permitted per agency.
- The maximum stipend amount per agency is $600.
- The form must include the following: attendee(s) name, RHY grantee agency name and contact information, signature of authorized organizational leader (Executive Director, CEO, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, etc.), and applicable receipts for allowed costs (airfare, mileage at .565 per mile, taxi or shuttle fares, parking or baggage fees, and hotel costs, excluding incidentals).
- Travel and lodging receipts must have a zero balance and include payment information. Confirmation emails will not be accepted.
To help guide training efforts each year, grantees attending the training are asked to complete an evaluation. The feedback obtained helps determine types of workshops, keynote topics and speakers, events, etc., that are offered. An evaluation booklet is provided at the event and may be completed on-site or online.