NATIONAL RHY GRANTEES CONFERENCE – ATLANTA 2013!
The National RHY Grantees Conference will be held November 12 – 14 in Atlanta, Georgia. All RHY Grantees are encouraged to send a minimum of one participant from each organization. This year’s conference will feature:
- More than 50 workshop opportunities
- Selection of 2 pre-conference skill-building institutes (scheduled for afternoon of November 11)
o Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking and CSEC- RHY At Risk
o LGBTQ Services and Safety - Effective Responses of RHY Programs
- Off-site learning opportunities
- Federal updates from Washington, D.C.
- Dynamic Keynote Presentations
- Opportunities to connect with other grantees
Why Atlanta? Why not! Atlanta is a multi-cultural business center that is as affordable as it is exciting. We know… what about the west coast? We hope to get to your part of the world in 2014. Until then, we selected a city with a large international airport that will allow many of you to select direct flights for your travel.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT THIS YEAR’S THEME FOR THE CONFERENCE?
Check out our YouTube video at watchRHYTTAC
Hotel Reservations – Deadline for Hotel Reservations has passed. We look forward to seeing you at the Westin!
A block of rooms has been reserved at THE WESTIN, Peachtree Plaza, in downtown Atlanta. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the CNN Center, Olympic Centennial Park and the Georgia Aquarium. To make your room reservation, please click on the following link:
For budget planning, the room rate is $129 plus tax for single, double, triple and quadruple occupancy.
Registration – Please note that there is not a registration fee for this event. However, the deadline to register has passed. You are encouraged and welcome to register; however, please note that your late registration will mean that your name will not be included in the participant list, etc.
Stipends – Each organization that has an RHY grant from FYSB will be eligible for a travel stipend to attend this conference. The stipend amount is up to $600 per organization regardless of the number of RHY grants received by the organization. The stipend form is available at the following link: https://yfsn.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_...
**This form will also be available at the conference. Those seeking a stipend will need to attend the conference in its entirety.
Workshops will focus on issues affecting street outreach, basic center, transitional living and maternity group home programs. Workshops will cover topic areas of outreach/youth engagement, evidence based practices for RHY programs, organizational development and sustainability, building collaborations and community awareness, demonstrating effectiveness, innovative and promising practices, federal updates, and services and intervention with targeted sub-populations.
Important things to know (and remember) about this year’s conference!
- There is no registration fee!
- There are two conference events that will be held on Monday, November 11.
- There will still be 1 (one) stipend in the amount of $600 available per RHY grantee organization. Stipend forms and accompanying receipts MUST be returned within 30 days to be eligible.
- The meeting space for the conference is in a building ADJACENT to the Westin. This will mean a short 5 minute walk through some corridors and into the meeting space (approximately one block.) You can get to the meeting space without ever going outside and the path is ADA accessible. Please note that if you have hidden physical challenges associated with walking that there will be seating along the way.
- We want to have opportunities for each of you to win some sort of door prize. To this end, we are asking each participant to bring some small prize (an item that is representative of your program, city or state) that can be given away. The more prizes, the more winners!
- We will have off-site visits during the conference. More info will be sent to registrants in October.
Are you interested in Advertising, Exhibiting, and / or Sponsoring at the Conference? If so, learn more here!